- Danny's Restaurant
Le Boulevard, St Aubin, St Brelade
Type of property
Former merchant's house
Families associated with the property
- Blampied: In 1941 Edward Philip Blampied (1904- ), his wife Henriette Marie, nee Collin (1904- ) and their children Denis Francis (1928- ), Edward George (1928- ), Roselle May (1936- ) and Desmond Colin (1940- ) lived here
Historic Environment Record entry
Important 17th/18th century merchant houses with essential granite structure and roof structure surviving, together with 18th century and earlier fireplaces. Extensive 20th century interior alterations.
Prominent location overlooking St Aubin's harbour. Important as part of terrace of similar merchant houses set back along southwest side of Le Boulevard. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Three storeys plus basement, five bays. Granite end stacks, the one on north massive and possibly medieval in origin.
Similar merchant house to left once named Beaufort, now Danny's restaurant. Three storeys, four bay.
Danny's has two 18th century granite fireplaces altered with 19th century red brick. Cellar reputed to contain bake ovens.