A mint was established in this Trinity property during the time of Charles II, and the road leading south-west from the house is called Rue de la Monnaie. In the opposite direction it is Rue Guerdain.
This is the clue to the early ownership of the house. During the Civil War it was owned by Aaron Guerdain, an early doctor. He supported the Parliamentary cause and his house was requisitioned by Sir George Carteret, and subsequently put to use as a mint. No coins minted there have ever been discovered.
Aaron inherited the property from his father Michel, Constable of Trinity from 1639-32. He married Marie Stocall. His initials and the date 1618 can be found on a granite trough in the garden.
There is an inscribed stone in the front wall showing 17 DGD 24. This refers to Denis Guerdain, Constable of the parish from 1740-42.
After the Guerdains, the property was owned by the Rondel family. As well as the gravestones (right) there are two inscribed Rondel stones on the property - 17 PRD♥♥ELR 95 and 18 PRD♥♥ELR 17. Joan Stevens, in Vol 1 of Old Jersey Houses suggests that these stones suggest a third marriage for the Philippe referred to on the gravestone, but the information in the Jersey Datestone Register shows that it was clearly his second wife Elizabeth Le Riche, and that two different Philippes are shown on the gravestones.
The property passed from the Rondels to the Le Sueur family.