La Moye, or La Moye Farm, La Moie House and La Moye Manor, as it is sometimes known, is set in a secluded position above Beauport. Thought to have originally been an Orange family property, La Moye, formerly spelt La Moie, was in the ownership of the Pipon family from the 16th until the 19th century. A different branch of that family acquired in 1695 the fief and manor of Noirmont. Both properties at La Moye were acquired in the 1848 by the Le Gallais family, and La Moye was still in their hands in the late 20th century.
There are no datestones at La Moye, and in Old Jersey Houses Vol 1 Joan Stevens makes no attempt to put a date on the property. It must be of considerable age, however, because Jean Pipon, the first member of the family on record as living there, was Constable of St Brelade in 1551. His grandson, who lived at La Moye, was Constable of the parish in 1566, and several of his descendants held high public office.
In 1901 the census showed Albert Le Gallais (1828- ) and his wife Frances Elizabeth, nee Walters (1841- ) living at La Moie House with daughters Lucy Leonie (1873- ) and Dorothea Frances Margaret (1874-1951), and Frances' sister Ann (1846- )