Origins of surname
Found spelt Laugé in the Morbihan department of south Brittany, this French surname is believed to derive from the Germanic Leodgari (leod = people + gari = spear).
First found in the Trinity baptism registers in the early 17th century, this family name was largely confined to that parish, and then St Helier in later years.
- Lauges, 1692
- Lougee, anglicised version found in USA
- Descendants of Edouard Laugee
- Descendants of Jean Laugee Added 2016
- Descendants of Thomas Laugee Added 2016
- Laugee baptisms in Jersey
- Laugee marriages in Jersey (groom)
- Laugee marriages in Jersey (bride)
- Laugee burials in Jersey
Family members who served in the Great War
- Alfred Laugee (1887- ) son of John and Esther, of St Helier, Rifleman, Hampshire Regiment
- Thomas William Laugee (1879- ) (St B) son of Thomas William and Mary Louisa Frances, Private, Royal Jersey Garrison Battalion
These wills created by members of the Laugee family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Marguéritte Laugeé of St Helier, widow of George Le Cronier, desires to be buried in St Helier's Cemetery, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier, £50 of the order 15 July 1839 - D/Y/A/24
- Anne Laugée of St Helier, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier 5s - 1 August 1879, D/Y/A/40
- Jane Laugée of St Helier, now of St John, bequeaths to Jane Elizabeth de La Cour a house in St John on the Fief des Augés or des Godeaulx - 6 May 1891, D/Y/A/50
- John Laugée of St Helier, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier 10s - 8 December 1877, D/Y/A/39
- Matthieu Laugée of St Helier, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier 5s - 15 July 1890, D/Y/A/49
- Philip Laugée, St Brelade - 9 February 1924, D/Y/A/84
Doras Ellen Laugee (1905- )
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
The church record links above will open in a new tab in your browser and generate the most up-to-date list of each set of records from our database. These lists replace earlier Family page baptism lists, which were not regularly updated. They have the added advantage that they produce a chronological listing for the family name in all parishes, so you do not have to search through A-Z indexes, parish by parish.
We have included some important spelling variants on some family pages, but it may be worth searching for records for a different spelling variant. Think of searching for variants with or without a prefix, such as Le or De. To search for further variants, or for any other family name, just click on the appropriate link below for the first letter of the family name, and a new tab will open, giving you the option to choose baptism, marriage or burial records. You will then see a list of available names for that type of record and you can select any name from that list. That will display all records of the chosen type for that family name, and you can narrow the search by adding a given name, selecting a parish or setting start and end dates in the form you will see above. You can also change the family name, or search for a partial name if you are not certain of the spelling
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
Since August 2020 we have added several thousand new records from the registers of Roman Catholic, Methodist and other non-conformist churches. These will appear in date order within a general search of the records and are also individually searchable within the database search form