The history of this house, once owned by the renowned stained glass artist Henry Thomas Bosdet, can probably be traced back to the 17th century, when the Rector of St Lawrence, Josue Bonhomme, bought 'Le Patrimoigne'. It was inherited by his son Jean when he died in 1627.
They are believed to be one and the same property, but the link cannot be established beyond doubt.
In 1790 Jean Langlois, son of Jean, son of Paul from Guernsey was described as owner of 'Le Patrimoyne', which he sold in 1794. It then passed to William Hovenden Walker, Emily Matilda Lucas, and then William Philippe Patriarche. Philippe Patriarche suffered badly from gout and was known as Le Diable Boiteux, the lame devil. Emily Lucas, the wife of Doctor Charles Ducat, wanted to sell the property to the States for a lunatic asylum, but it was sold to William Patriarche instead.
In the early 1960s, having already been restored after a fire earlier in the century, the magnificent thatched roof suffered more severe damage and the house was entirely rebuilt in a totally different style.
In 1840 a 15-ton vessel was built in woodland at Le Patrimoine and rollers were used to transport it about two miles to the sea for launching, probably at Bel Royal.