Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Trinity Hill (Route de La Trinite)
Type of property
19th century two-storey rural house, now divided into three apartments. 17th and 18th century datestones suggest earlier origins
- Linden Hall was sold for £600,000 in 2018.
- Apartment 2 was sold for £350,000 in 2019
- Apartment 3 was sold for £325,000 in 2019 and £792,000 in 2021
Families associated with the property
- IM SLS 1656 - For Jean Messervy and Sara Le Sueur
- DM II 1747 - For Daniel Messervy and Anne Pipon
Historic Environment Record entry
An early 19th century five-bay two-storey rural house and associated farm buildings retaining original features and character. Single storey wings to either side; farm block to the west.
Porch at centre with fluted columns and triglyphed entablature.
The record mentions the datestones but makes no attempt to reconcile them with the suggested 19th century origin of the building
A brief entry in Vol One of Old Jersey Houses mentions the earlier datestone, and says that it is a rare stone from the middle of the English Civil War period. No attempt is made to date the property.
The property is featured in C E B Brett's 1977 book Buildings in the Town and Parish of St Helier.
- "Five-bay two-storey traditional granite farmhouse, brick dressings round windows, glazing bars complete, imposing and correct Doric porch standing on three granite steps. Rectangular doorcase with side lights and pretty lead or iron fanlight, original door, subsidiary wings two-bay, one with dormer; L-shaped garden, flanked by stone farm buildings. Slate roof not original. At rear datestone 1829 and slightly unfortunate modern door and porch."