If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Moulin de La Perrelle
- Mill Farm
Rue du Moulin, St Martin 
Type of property
Sold as Mill Farm in 2017 for £2.5 million
Families associated with the property
- De La Perrelle
- Le Mehaute: In 1941 Alfred Pierre Le Mehaute (1898- ) and his daughter Olive Mary (1926- ) were living here
Historic Environment Record entry
The building is significant as a former watermill and an historic part of the Island's industrial past. The building retains external historic character, its setting in the landscape and the scale, proportion and stonework.
Mill Farm comprises a mill house and former watermill known as Moulin de la Perrelle. The mill appears in the historic record from the early seventeenth century although the buildings have been remodelled over the years.
The mill was one of the seigneurial mills of the Fief de Rozel (the other being the windmill above Rozel Bay). Moulin de la Perrelle appears in the historic record from the early 17th century but the site is doubtless considerably older, and medieval in origin.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
The mill remained with the Fief until sold by P R Lempriere to Charles and Philippe Asplet in 1837. A horse mill (moulin chevaux) is recorded in 1782 and was included in the 1837 sale. It was not mentioned in 1847 when the Asplets sold to Moses Collins. The mill was leased a year later by Collins to the Crown, which was acquiring all the coastal land between Gorey and Flicquet in advance of the building of St Catherine's Breakwater. 
Former mill house (two storey with attic, three bay) with old watermill to east.
Old Jersey Houses
Not mentioned despite undoubted antiquity and historical interest
Islander magazine article
 reproduced in full in Jerripedia says that La Perrelle mill had long since disappeared. This was clearly inaccurate
Notes and references
- ↑ St Martin has two Rues du Moulin. This one is near St Catherine. The other, above Rozel, is where Rozel Mill, the parish's windmill, is situated
- ↑ Jerse Archive holds a contract between Moses Collins and Sir Thomas Le Breton, Procureur General, and Jean William Dupre, Avocat General, on behalf of Queen Victoria, recording the lease of the water mill called Moulin de la Parelle, the land and surrounding edifices bordering the south of the public road in the parish of St Martin in the Fief de Rozel. The lease was for the sum of 65 quartiers of wheat a year.
- ↑ Jersey watermills|An article in Islander magazine in 1939