Moyse family page
Alexandrinea Marie Moyse, nee Tassell (1894-1964) born in St Lawrence,the daughter of Jean Marie (1843- ) and Jeanne Marie, nee Le Roi (1867- ), wife of Stanley Arthur Moyse
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This name is derived from the biblical character Moses, which is also a family name present in Jersey.
Moise and Moyse were common personal names in the island before the arrival of the Moyse family. Both spellings appear in the registers as family names, often within the same family group, and we have standardised on Moyse.
Although they arrived in the island at more or less the same time - the 1820s - the Moyse and Moses families are quite distinct.
- Moses, a separate family
Great War service
These wills created by members of the Moyse family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Moyse : Alan Cyril , of Banksia, Patier Lane, Chasse Brunet, St Saviour - 17/Mar/1950 , 22/Sep/1975 , D/Y/B1/228/44
- Moyse : Claude , of 36, Clubley Estate, St Helier - 05/Nov/1976 , 05/Nov/1976 , D/Y/B1/248/46
- Moyse : Edward Ernest , Terminus Hotel, St Aubin, St Brelade - 20/Nov/1923 , 10/Nov/1939 , D/Y/A/105/89
- Moyse : Emma Elizabeth , 33 Roseville Street, St Helier - 27/Jun/1940 , 22/Apr/1942 , D/Y/A/109/93
- Moyse : May Ruby , widow of John Henry Queree, of Sea Breeze, Millbrook, St Helier - 20/Mar/1978 , 17/May/1978 , D/Y/B1/279/24
- Moyse : Sydney James , of 32, Great Union Road, St Helier - 30/Sep/1955 , 06/Mar/1961 , D/Y/B1/63/32
- Moyse : Wilfred Randolph , of 9, Victoria Crescent, Upper Midvale Road, St Helier - 16/Oct/1964 , 02/Apr/1976 , D/Y/B1/237/43
George Moyse, born at First Tower, St Helier, in 1900, married Lydia Josephine Claudine Winnifred Boudin (1901- ), emigrated to Australia and had a daughter Lydia in 1926, but were back in Jersey before the start of the German Occupation
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs