Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Rue des Buttes, St John
Type of property
Mid-19th century country house
Sold for £1,238,000 in 2001
Families associated with the property
- Le Boutillier: The family still owned the property in 1941. Edward Conway Le Boutillier (1897- ) (grandson of Edouard George on the datestone), his wife Cicely Mary, nee Slint (1903- ) and their daughter Beryl Annie (1928- ) were living here then.
- 1590 - no initials
- EGLBT EPN 1866 - For Edouard George Le Boutillier and Elizabeth Pinel
Historic Environment Record entry
A well proportioned mid-19th century rural house retaining original features, and incorporating features from a 16th century property. The house emulates Georgian fashion but with a continuing local character. Early chamfered window lintels now in steps leading up to the door, one with the date 1590 - one of the few pre-1600 stones on the island. Five-bay, two-storey house with single storey wing on the east. Front elevation: Slate roof. Rendered chimneys. Shutters. Porch at centre with fluted columns and simple cormice. 4 panel door in panelled reveal, sidelights and overlight.
Outbuildings form two courtyards on to the road. Slate roofs, the one on the east with clock tower and weathervane. Elliptical brick arch on north wing. Partly altered in conversion to residential use, carriage opening blocked up. Further farm building to the north, converted to residential use.