Reynolds family page
William George Reynolds of St Helier was convicted of robbery by the Royal Court in 1914 and sentenced to four months in prison with hard labour. If any Reynolds family member has a happier family photograph, please send it to us
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is an English name but it comes from the Norse, and means son of Reynold. This had ist origins in a Germanic personal name composed of the elements "ragin", meaning "counsel", and "wald", meaning "rule"
The name first appeared in Jersey in 1794, with the baptism in St Helier of William Reynolds, the son of James and Elenore
Great War service
These wills created by members of the Reynolds family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Ann Reynolds, spinster - 24 May 1871, D/Y/A/35
- Henry Reynolds of Highworth, Wiltshire, now of St Helier, gentleman - 13 September 1871, D/Y/A/36
- John Reynolds, 7 Seale Street, St Helier - 26 June 1923, D/Y/A/83
- John Reynolds, St Aubin, St Brelade - 9 January 1933, D/Y/A/94
- Joseph Reynolds, 2 Sycamore Cottage, Market Hill, St Aubin - 13 May 1918, D/Y/A/78
- Sarah Reynolds of St Saviour's Road, St Helier, widow - 24 March 1875, D/Y/A/38
- Thomas Reynolds, Jubilee House, Five Oaks, St Saviour bequeaths to Jane Reynolds the property Jubilee House - 25 May 1915, D/Y/A/74
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs