From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Stamford, St Lawrence


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through

Property name


Other names

Stamford House


Le Pissot, St Lawrence

Type of property

c1600 country house


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property



  • ABP MLR 1757 - For Abe Blampied, of St Lawrence and Marie Lorans, of St Peter, who married in 1725 [1]
  • ABR IRL 1757 - Not included in the Datstone Register. [2]

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

A circa 1600 rural house retaining original interior and exterior features, including tourelle stair.

Refaced mid-18th century. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Four-bay, two-storey rural house, with single storey extension on the west side.

The house displays Jersey’s vernacular tradition in the use of local materials and details.

Single pile, two rooms wide with central passage. Matchboard partitions and door. Ground floor east room has stone fireplace with rough cut granite lintel.

Ground floor west room location of hearth was interpreted as formerly being the location of an oven. The tourelle is approached from this room. The staircase up to first floor has two stones per tread.

Old Jersey Houses

This early house is inexplicably ignored in both volumes, although one of the datestones is included in the list in Vol Two

Notes and references

  1. Spelling of names as found in marriage record. Datestone register gives Abraham and Marie Laurens. We have not been able to place this couple in any of our family trees
  2. There is obvious match for this stone in marriage records. This stone is only recorded in the HER entry. It seems strange that there would be two different stones at the property with the same date
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs